ChemImage Corporation is seeking a Business Development Specialist for ChemImage Sensor Systems (CISS). This individual will be responsible to achieve revenue targets within assigned market by selling products and services. They will drive growth within CISS by bringing the technology to new markets. Additionally, the Business Development Specialist will manage relationships with distributors and strategic partners.
The ideal candidate will display excellent selling skills with the proven ability to close new business. A background and/or understanding in sciences with understanding of sensor systems is strongly preferred and the ability to communicate technical knowledge is a necessity.
- Achieve annual revenue targets in identified markets and product sectors.
- Lead sales efforts at trade shows and other industry events.
- Establish government/commercial contacts and relationships to extend CISS line of business.
- Interact professionally with high level executives in various companies and government agencies.
- Utilize SalesForce.com CRM to manage and forecast revenue targets and opportunities.
- Learn and be able to properly demo CISS products and services.
- Prepare and maintain accurate forecasting reports.
- Assist in the coordination of business meetings and sales meetings as requested.
- Contribute to the collation of information about competitors.
- Manage multiple tasks consistent with immediate priorities, department and company objectives and strategy.
- Function independently on regular duties. Complete assignments with minimal direction and guidance.
- Take responsibility for the organization and maintenance of customer database and mailing lists to ensure these tools can be used to quickly access customer information to allow CISS to act upon opportunities as they arise.
- Manage the preparation, approval and execution of the Capture Plan and Capture Schedule and report on pursuit status.
- Lead, motivate and energize internal and external team members to produce a winning capture effort.
- Identify areas of need and build the capture team as necessary to win assigned bids.
- Work closely with multiple internal and external groups (i.e. Sector Operations, HR, Contracts Finance, Business Intelligence, Proposal Management) needed to produce a winning effort.
- Develop and execute strategies for lead generation, new business, sales, and other matters related to new revenue generation.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- 3-5 years minimum experience, preferably in external sales or as an end user
- Knowledge of and experience within U.S. or international government sales strongly preferred
- B.S. in Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Biology or comparable required; B.S. in Business with strong technical background or aptitude also considered
- U.S. Citizenship required with willingness and ability to gain U.S. Government Security Clearance
- Experience within the defense industry preferred
- Experience with CRM tools strongly desired
- Ability to travel up to 50% nationally and internationally
Interested candidates should send resume and salary requirements to Kelly Radomski at email@example.com.